Job in Education and Training area: Instructional Designer
Primary Location: EMEA-RO-Bucharest
Position summary, Responsibilities, Requirements, Benefits
Overall, the Instructional Designer position will be responsible for collaborating with the Sr. Curriculum Design Leads to design and develop high quality training materials for internal Adobe employees and Adobe partners. The Instructional Designer collaborates with Curriculum Leads as well as subject matter experts to design curriculum and provide advice on best practices for learning delivery. Instructional Designers will also evaluate the effectiveness of enablement activities and identify opportunities to improve courseware development. The Instructional Designer will be responsible for the development of Worldwide Field training materials including asynchronous eLearning/ Learning materials, videos, podcasts, and synchronous training materials, instructor guides, exercises, quizzes, and relevant collateral. In addition, this person may be responsible for advising subject matter experts on best practices to design and deliver content.
Role may include some domestic or international travel.
- Analyze, design and develop learning curriculum for specific Adobe roles, and Partners.
- Analyze, design and develop training materials using adult learning principles, methodologies, and best practices.
- Lead other instructional designers/vendors in production of eLearning and/or creation of new learning materials.
- Design and develop assessments for learning (Kirkpatrick Model).
- Manage and maintain training curriculum and materials as needed.
- Facilitate (remote or local) live workshops and classroom events.
- 7+ years of experience in an instructional design role.
- Experience “translating” marketing and technical language into easy to understand text and graphics.
- Expertise in designing, developing, planning and delivering training.
- Experience programming in SCORM.
- Experience developing eLearning courseware, storyboards, performance support aids, online tutorials and/or other training materials, including “gaming” modules.
- Expertise developing in HTML-XML, Adobe Captivate (5.5 or 6.0), Adobe Presenter 8 Video, Adobe Flash, Adobe Fireworks, and/or other relevant or competitive software.
- Excellent writing and editing skills (in English) for the purpose of knowledge transfer and skill development, including skills in explaining technical topics to novices and collaborating with subject matter experts and managers.
- Excellent communication skills – must be professional and able to work with employees and manager at all levels.
- Excellent project/time management skills to drive self and others to on-time completion.
- Expertise using multiple learning methods with innate ability to link appropriate methods with content, audience, timeline and budget.
- Experience developing training in high tech industry and working with developer level subject matter experts.
- Experience in graphic design (representing visual concepts as well as page layout using Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator, etc.).
- Experience in video editing.
- Experience delivering training to a live audience.
- Ability/Flexibility to work with international teams across time zones.
Benefits & Perks
- Industry-competitive salary
- Two different options of medical plans for you and your eligible family members
- A generous dental plan which covers a wide range of dental services
- A Wellness Incentive program, which provides a RON 1,200 per year subsidy for wellness-related activities
- Generous time off
- Life, Disability and Total Permanent Disability Insurance that covers up to two times the employee’s annual salary
- Adobe’s Educational Assistance program, reimburses up to RON 25,000 per year for eligible business – related courses and certificate programs
- Significant discounts on Adobe software for personal use
- Uniquely open, pleasant and informal environment
- Food court, with free snacks & drinks
- And much more…