Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS – Human Capital (HC)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Learning and Development, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to contribute to the success of our people by developing quality and relevant learning initiatives that constantly improve the PwC experience. You’ll help us identify and source the best instructors, develop learning and performance improvement solutions across traditional and virtual classroom environments, and consult with other areas of the Firm to ensure our curriculums and initiatives support the PwC strategy.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to drive the executive learning and development design strategy and project manage the design agenda planning and execution to ensure quality and consistency with the Firm’s strategy as well as leverage cutting edge, digitized solutions. This role’s ultimate objective is to support the current and future cohorts of PwC leaders in their leadership roles to shape quality and trustworthiness of the PwC brand and market leadership.
Demonstrates intimate knowledge and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in the following areas:
- Leading large-scale initiatives with multiple stakeholders and work streams while delivering a high quality, impactful learning intervention spanning both live (conferences, classroom, virtual classroom) and digital solutions;
- Utilizing adult learning theory and instructional design in both formal and informal learning environments, and the linkage between design and learning evaluation/assessment;
- Engaging any level of stakeholders in communicating the overall impact of a learning intervention to the business alongside the cause and effect of financial and human resources needed for completion of the project;
- Experienced, comfortable, and effective at working with senior level stakeholders across the organization demonstrating an understanding of PwC Network strategy, the underlying business and our client service partners,
- Partner with variety of internal and external stakeholders, eg. other COE team members, stakeholders, vendors/outsource providers, Subject Matter Specialists, internal leaders, academia – to shape and create effective learning and leadership development solutions;
- Digital learning platforms, tools and systems, designing and leading for major educational technologies including mobile, micro- and nano-learning, simulations and branching elearning, videos and animations, electronic performance support, etc., and the applicable development processes/timelines and appropriate uses of these technologies;
- Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success in a professional services environment utilizing an array of digital skills to drive higher value, lower cost, and a tech-enabled learning experience, including:
- Using design thinking (including persona development, affinity mapping, journey mapping, and prototyping);
- Using agile project management techniques (including sprint planning, backlog management and sprint review);
- Maintaining knowledge of current and emerging learning technology trends and experience innovating with new learning technology tools;
- Analyzing data and communicating data insights to drive decision making (leveraging market leading tools such as Alteryx, Tableau, etc.); and,
- Leveraging the suite of available technology tools to drive efficiency, productivity, and collaboration.
- Creating engaging, innovative learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer;
- Designing for blended learning solutions that include educational technologies including self-study, mobile learning, virtual classroom solutions, job aides, and learning objects, electronic performance support, etc., and the applicable development processes/timelines and appropriate uses of these technologies;
- Understand the target audience and ensure close collaboration with the representatives of the target group to collect ongoing live feedback that is turned into design development and corrective action plan to ensure relevance and applicability of the leadership development offering,
- Continuously evaluate CoE strategy to ensure alignment to the needs of the network and target audience needs and development requirements,
- Analyze knowledge and performance gaps, desired outcomes, learner characteristics and contexts, and other program or initiative constraints; effectively apply these to the planning of design development activities,
- Review cumulative assessment and evaluation data and use that feedback to perpetually improve solutions,
- Creating project plans for all sizes of projects, driving milestones, meeting deadlines, managing to budget, and reprioritizing as needed to complete timely delivery of projects; managing projects from inception to completion;
- Support (and, at times, lead) project teams and Subject Matter Specialists/stakeholders or others they identify during content development, including preparation for delivery of content and overall experience.
Other required qualities:
- Consultation skills working successfully in highly ambiguous environments. Team player with strong oral and written communication skills, and senior presence;
- Versatility and flexibility to work efficiently across time zones and during off hours, when needed;
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity & is nimble collaborating with colleagues across the network;
Minimum years of work experience and details around prior experience:
- 8+ years overall experience, several of which must be in designing for all modalities as indicated above,
- Working in global, international, intercultural, virtual environment, as part of a virtual team spread across several time zones is a must; strong virtual collaboration experience and delivery to a global audience,
- College/University degree. Education-related degree in a relevant discipline (adult education, instructional design/technologies, organizational development, etc.) is preferred,
- Experience with PwC is a plus.
**If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org; no cover letter is necessary. We encourage potential applicants to apply as soon as possible, as we would like to staff this role at the earliest.**
Also, you can apply on Linkedin, here: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3070506697